Sylectus Announces 'Driver Story' Contest Winners at the 2014 Expedite Expo
-- Transportation Management Software Provider Recognizes Nine Fleet Drivers for Humanitarian, Uplifting and Humorous On-the-Road Stories --
EXPEDITE EXPO, Wilmington, Ohio. July 25, 2014 - Sylectus, a business unit of Omnitracs Canada Inc., and industry leader in web-based transportation management software (TMS) for progressive fleets, today announced the winners of its 'Driver Story' contest at the 2014 Expedite Expo in Wilmington, Ohio. The company recognized nine drivers across the U.S. and Canada for their exceptional story submissions in the humanitarian, uplifting and humorous categories.
"Drivers are the backbone of the trucking industry," said Stuart Sutton, president and general manager of Sylectus. "It's an honor for us to highlight these heroes and reward them for their hard work day in and day out. We appreciate them sharing their touching and witty on-the-road stories with us."
Three winners were announced in each category, as follows:
Humanitarian - Improving the Common Good
- 1st place - Mirel Botic, driver for Try Hours, for a story on his contribution to the Bosnian flood relief effort
- 2nd place - Marian Popa, driver for Bolt Express, for a story on living the American dream
- 3rd place - David Mayfield, driver for TST Expedited Services, for a story on an unforgettable Father's Day
Uplifting - Assisting in Time of Need
- 1st place - Priscilla "PJ" Drew, owner operator with XPO Express, for a story on rescuing an orphaned kitten
- 2nd place - Christine Hall, driver for Try Hours, for a story on her support with the search and rescue dogs during the 9/11 terrorist attacks
- 3rd place - Vicki and Gerald Pike, drivers for Bolt Express, for a story on their power supply delivery efforts during Hurricane Sandy
Humorous - The Many Antics that Can Happen on the Road
- 1st place - Dan Stovell, driver for FF Express, for a story on his Duck Dynasty photo pursuit
- 2nd place - Anthony Priborkin, owner operator with XPO Express, for a story on his love of a good conversation
- 3rd place - Peter Groat, driver for Load One, for a story on an unexpected encounter with a Great Dane
The contest kicked off during National Transportation Week in May, with participants submitting written online applications of up to 1,000 words through June 19, 2014. First place winners in each of the three categories receive an iPad, while the second and third place contestants take home an iPhone and iPod, respectively.
For more information about Sylectus' 'Driver Story' contest, please visit: https://www.sylectus.com/sylectus/press/2014-07-25-driver-stories-contest-winning-stories.aspx .
Sylectus, a business unit of Omnitracs through Omnitracs Canada, Inc., is the industry leader in web-based, transportation management software (TMS) for progressive fleets. Its unique, integrated TMS enables fleets to reduce administrative overhead and paper handling costs, improve profits and enhance customer service to grow their businesses. Sylectus offers three differentiated products for progressive trucking companies: Alliance Connect, Alliance Virtual Fleet and Alliance Pro. Sylectus gives customers the power to selectively connect with hundreds of companies and thousands of trucks, post and find loads and trucks, and share available trucks, while also enabling compliance, order entry, dispatch, telematics and trip management.